Services / Project financing / Non-dilutive funding
Grants do not require the selling of shares or hence the dilution of existing shareholders. When properly addressed, this branch of funding can constitute an integral and value-adding component of a financial strategy for both start-up and established companies.
In particular, IT/high-tech and life science companies have access to a wide range of regional, national, European and international sources of non-dilutive funding (or soft money) from both public institutions and private foundations. Procurement is however often complex and time-consuming.
We support our clients to optimize their individual opportunities to gain public monies and other non-constrained capital, and accompany them throughout each stage of the whole process:
- Strategic assessment of the suitability of a project for obtaining funding
- Identification and selection of specific funding opportunities
- Creation of a specific plan including aims, budget, timeline, etc.
- Preparation and submission of a structured, scientifically-based application
- Follow-up through the approval process and possible revision
Our focus and specialized expertise, reflected in the profiles of our team, lie in the awarding of US soft money for European organizations. As a rule, US grants are often higher than those available regionally or within Europe and importantly do not require a matching of resources from the company itself.
The experienced team members at SilverSky Life Sciences have successfully raised such US funds for their own companies within the Life Science sector over years. It is of great benefit that some are active in the US or are American citizens bringing many years of experience with US agencies.
We have already generated soft money from the following sources:
- EXIST – support program of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Germany
- Horizon 2020 – the biggest EU Research and Innovation program, European Commission
- KMU-innovativ – support program for innovative SMEs, Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany
- NIH - National Institutes of Health, USA
- SBIR/STTR – Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer, USA
- ZIM – Zentrales Innovationsprogramm Mittelstand – support program for SMEs, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
Our team of experts is constantly by your side, through identification of the most appropriate funding opportunity, application preparation and submission and subsequent allocation of monies, ensuring that this category of funding becomes an effective component of your long-term financial strategy.
SilverSky is one of the few companies in Germany to utilize their scientific, business und industry knowledge in the provision of a life science network management service. From network conception and establishment, through marketing and PR, to organization of topic-specific external workshops, we take care of organization and coordination so that network partners can pursue their scientific and technological projects. A vital contribution is our support with funding applications and administration, where greater chances of success come from cooperative projects. Other advantages include sharing technologies, pooling competencies and networking to boost innovation and promote economic growth. We have successfully secured state funding (via the ZIM programme) for the management of networks, composed of SMEs within the biotech, medtech and pharma fields and partner research institutes.